- 1 pound farm-fresh carrots -- our favorites are from Oxbow, Local Roots, or Tonnemaker Farms
- 1.5 red onions, julienned
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese, store bought or homemade seasoned with chives, lemon zest, parsley, Extra-Virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, stemmed and minced
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup Sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tb maple syrup
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375 F , Toss carrots with onions and olive oil, season with salt and pepper
- Roast Carrots for 18-20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Remove from oven and toss carrots with agrodolce, cilantro and dot with ricotta.
- Agrodolce - Mix sugar with .1/4 cup water and make a caramel base by adding vinegar and maple syrup, then reducing on medium heat for 5-8minutes or until syrup consistency.