- 12 large dates
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 4 oz. goat cheese or mascarpone
- 2 T. chives, minced
- 2 T. parsley, minced
- one-half shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Thick aged, balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. crushed Marcona almonds
- salt & pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Using a paring knife, make an incision halfway through the date from top to bottom, peel open and remove the pit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese (or mascarpone), chives, parsley, shallot, garlic and parmesan. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a small spoon, scoop a generous amount of filling into each date. It is ok if the date does not seal back up with the filling inside.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto flat, fold it in half length-wise, place date on end one end and roll tightly to wrap the date.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and place dates seam side down in the pan, rendering the fat out of the meat until it gets crispy.
- Arrange dates on a serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and crushed Marcona almonds. Recipe by Chef Jason Northern.